Saturday, March 26, 2022

Review: The Best Liars in Riverview

The Best Liars in Riverview The Best Liars in Riverview by Lin Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a good book that can be quite nerve racking to read as a parent: one kid goes missing, another takes off to look for him, and oh the anxiety I felt while reading this.

There are so many topics talked about in this book, and although I get the fact that Aubrey was trying to protect herself as well as her friend, I wanted to shake her and tell her to just tell the truth already (that mother thing again!!). I wanted to hug her and tell her to be true to herself and then punish her for lying!

This is a middle grade novel and so well done for audiences of all ages! It flows nicely, kept me guessing and page flipping to figure out where Joel is!

And keep in mind, a lie of omission is still a lie!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...