Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: The One and Only Ivan

The One and Only Ivan The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since this has been on my TBR shelf for years and with the movie just out on Disney +, I thought it was about time I read this one, and I am so glad that I did. What an adorable book that had an amazing story from beginning to end. I didn't realize that it was based on true events until reading the author notes in the back of the book.

The way the book is written appeals to readers of all ages, little on up, and is just such an amazing, loving story about loneliness, friendship, and what a small gesture can do to make a huge difference. The characters, mainly a silverback gorilla and a baby elephant, were adorable and loveable. I cannot say enough good things about this book. I truly cannot wait to see how it plays out in movie form!

View all my reviews

This picture is from my Instagram post. My daughter was painting something and had her paints and brushes all over the table and I thought that it was perfect for my review/bookstagram post! Thanks, Audra, for being a messy painter and for painting at the exact right time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...