Friday, September 4, 2020

Review: Corrupted Humours, A Novel

Corrupted Humours, A Novel Corrupted Humours, A Novel by Donald Friedman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A psychiatrist goes into the hospital for a routine gastric procedure, as men do at a certain age, however, he never makes it out of the operating room due to the fact that he explodes on the operating table. Got your attention, right? This would make for a very interesting story, and I think that it is if you can read between the lines of all the mumbo jumbo that is not needed and just read the nitty-gritty of the storyline. There is so much in this book that just doesn't make sense or just does not need to be there, but if you can get past that, the story is great.
.
This book is unique in the fact that the main character is a reporter and while he is researching the explosion and what happened, he is also writing a novel based on the characters and fact-findings of what he thinks happened. We are reading his novel every other chapter in this book sometimes making it confusing as to if it was his novel or what had happened.
.
I did not understand the connection of some of the characters in the book and was not sure of their purpose at all. The writing style was very confusing and, honestly, sometimes a little over my head. And I've said this once, and I'll say it 100 more times, I do not understand the non-use of quotations marks! Why do authors not use quotation marks when there is a lot of dialog in a book? For that alone, it knocked a star off.
.
I liked the premise of this booked and I really wished I would've liked it more, but it just did not do it for me, unfortunately.
.
I received this book from BookishFirst.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...