Friday, November 20, 2020

Review: Cracker

Cracker Cracker by Jacci Turner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What if...

This is definitely an eye opening, role reversing book in where white people have been slaves and are the minority. It takes place in a high school where a new white student, Ann, faces bullying while trying to make changes that some are just not ready for, and yet others are all too willing to lend a helping hand.

Although a short book not allowing enough time to go too terribly deep into each event that happens, it discusses quite a few heavy topics - discrimination, equality, bullying, sexuality, suicide, interracial couples, religion, peace. I found this book to be quite emotional and feel that it could definitely be used as a good discussion tool for teens today. In fact, there are discussion questions included at the end Of the book, which I am sure would lead to some fabulous conversations. I did enjoy this book. It was well written and did put a nice perspective on a "what if" scenario.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...