Friday, August 27, 2021

Review: Kiss of Salt

Kiss of Salt Kiss of Salt by Smita Bhattacharya
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a twisty-twervy thriller. Although this book started off slow, it certainly ended with a bang.

After Darya Nandkarni's uncle passes she heads to Heliconia Lane in South Goa to take care of things for her family. Darya has just gotten out of a bad relationship and has quit her job to do this and is keeping those facts a secret from her family. Heliconia Lane consists of three houses and being at her uncle's house is stirring up memories of her childhood. The book is primarily about her Aunt Farideh who had gone missing more than 20 years ago and how her Uncle Paritosh, whose house she is cleaning out, had continued searching for her through all of his years, but is also about the residents of the houses on Heliconia Lane. The longer Darya stays, the more information comes to light, and strange things begin to happen.

There were just a handful of characters and I loved being able to connect with them. Although it started off rather slow (2nd book this year to help me with the meaning of "slow burn"), the more you read, the quicker the pace, leading you to a page turning end! The way the author explained the area, it almost felt like I was there. The only downfall was that I'm not so familiar with the country and/or culture, therefor I struggled with some of the terminology and words used. But overall, fantastic mystery thriller that I was glad to have read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...