Friday, March 25, 2022

Review: Troublemaker

Troublemaker Troublemaker by John Cho
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What a powerful book packed full of love, hardships, family, and truths. I remember the LA riots and the events leading up to them, so this book touches my heart, and I love being able to see it through a different lens.

And do you know who the author is? 🤩 I kinda fan-girled when I saw who it was! And then when I saw a blurb on the TV about him and the book last night, my family thought something was wrong when I screamed! 😂

Good writing, great details on important historical events, but just to make note that it is about a young boy, taking a gun from his father’s closet to take to him at his store for protection. It is not loaded, but he does walk all over at night with it in his backpack.

Overall, an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...