Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Review: My Mother's Eyes: A Short Story

My Mother's Eyes: A Short Story My Mother's Eyes: A Short Story by Jeremy Ray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It amazes me how much power and emotion can be packed into a short story like this but it does not surprise me that it was done by the great Jeremy Ray!

Jordie and Brian’s mom is in a coma after a suicide attempt leaving the boys lost and filled with emotions that they don’t know how to deal with. Jordie tries to sketch his mom to preserve her memory but just can’t get the eyes right no matter how hard he tries.

We all go through stuff in our lives and we all deal with things differently, especially grief. Mr. Ray depicts this perfectly and tells a fabulous story while doing so!

Thank you for another book to knock everyone’s socks off!! I can’t wait for the next one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...