Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Review: The Churchill Sisters: The Extraordinary Lives of Winston and Clementine's Daughters

The Churchill Sisters: The Extraordinary Lives of Winston and Clementine's Daughters The Churchill Sisters: The Extraordinary Lives of Winston and Clementine's Daughters by Rachel Trethewey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't really know much about Winston Churchill other than the fact that he was the Prime Minister of the UK, and I certainly didn't know anything about his family.

This book is about the daughters of Winston Churchill, how different they all were from one another, their almost nonexistent relationship with their mother, and their devotion to their father.

If you really enjoy facts on historical figures, then this book is for you! This book is so jam packed with facts that it kind of takes the enjoyment out of it. I did like getting to know and learn about these women, but it felt like a book that you were made to read in school -- lots of info and filler.

Unfortunately, I am not a history buff so this book just wasn't for me, but I am certain that anyone who is a fan of Churchill and/or loves history would really love this one!

I received this book from St. Martin's Press as an ARC through NetGalley -- thank you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...