Monday, January 31, 2022

Review: Such a Pretty Smile

Such a Pretty Smile Such a Pretty Smile by Kristi DeMeester
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Have you ever picked up a book and expected it to be a certain way, but then after a good chunk into it you have to look at the cover, read the synopsis, and figure out if it was the book you thought it was? Well, this is one of those books. It is not at all what I expected and quite honestly, I still don’t know that I completely understand what I just read.

The story follows Caroline and Lila, mother and daughter, and is told in 2004 and 2019. Strange things happen to both of them many years apart, and they are told something is wrong with them. Meanwhile, young girls are disappearing and many are found dead. Who is causing this chaos every so many years?

Seriously, idk what I just read and I don’t quite understand what it was. It just seemed like the whole book was this big lead in/build up to what was behind it all, yet I still don’t quite get it. This was one of the strangest books I’ve ever read!

Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC ebook.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...