Monday, January 24, 2022

Review: A History of Wild Places

A History of Wild Places A History of Wild Places by Shea Ernshaw
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don’t know, I’m kind of all over the place with my feelings about this book. It was like a roller coaster - the build up, and total great story right out of the gate, interesting, flipping pages good. But then it really hits the brakes and I found myself having a hard time focusing or even wanting to pick up the book to read on. And then you get to a certain point in the story - about 80% in - where you put the book down and scream WTF, and then can’t stop reading to find out what crazy train thing is going to happen next. But then the ending just seemed to fall flat for me!

So with that being said, I really liked the storyline. The author that goes missing, the “seer” who is hired to find her, and where they end up. It was strange, creepy, weird, and really makes you wonder about the commune or off the grid lifestyle.

I didn’t love this book but I didn’t hate it either. I just wish that it would’ve been more consistent throughout.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...