Thursday, February 11, 2021

Review: Lola on Fire

Lola on Fire Lola on Fire by Rio Youers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So what would you do if you were down on your luck because you mother took off when you were younger, your father recently has killed himself, it is now your responsibility to take care of your special needs sister, all the while jumping from job to job and sharing a room with your sister in a friend’s house? Well, Brody decides to rob a convenient store to have enough money to pay for his sister’s meds and in the process he loses his wallet. But what happens the next day when he gets a call from the person who has his wallet? The answer to this question will have your head spinning! Let’s just say it consists of a little mob action, a little family values, a little road trip, this book has a little bit of everything, and honestly as I was reading I could totally see it playing out as a movie in my head.

It was an easy read and and very interesting, good for a very broad audience. I loved Brody and Molly. They are a such strong and beautiful characters and I loved their relationship.

It was a great book that did drag on at times and was a bit predictable but overall well worth the read.

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway as an ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...