Monday, January 4, 2021

Review: Coming Home to Maverick

Coming Home to Maverick Coming Home to Maverick by Sophia Summers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sweet & Forgiving Romance

Having moved to Texas nine years ago I really enjoyed the nuts and bolts of this book and a lot of it being based around a rodeo - the mutton bustin' (which my daughter did), bull riding, barrel racing, the concerts - everything that we love about the rodeos and being in Texas.

This book reminded me very much of the last book I read but in reverse. In this book though Bailey left Maverick on their wedding day in pursuit of her dream to sing with no word to anyone, her parents, friends, or the man she left at the alter. After five years of silence she returns with her tail between her legs. How will the town receive her? Her parents? The man she loved?

This story is very much about choices, consequences, but mostly about forgiveness and second chances. I don't know if I could have forgiven as easily as some of these folks did but this is a Christian fiction book and does have a few references to God and the bible in such a way that is not too preachy. The characters are believable and if I needed forgiveness I would surely want a Maverick there to forgive me!

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...