Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Review: I Keep My Worries in My Teeth

I Keep My Worries in My Teeth I Keep My Worries in My Teeth by Anna Cox
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Strange

I am not exactly sure what I just read. This has got to be one of the strangest books I have ever read. In the town of Lead, Ohio, a pencil factory exploded and has a pretty big impact on the entire community. The book follows three women, all with quite interesting issues. Ruth has lost her husband some time ago and still mourns his death. Frankie is the daughter of the owner of the pencil factory and takes a pencil to the throat during the explosion, is a member of a boy scout troop, and is obsessed with her boyfriend. And then there is Esther, oh, Esther. She is quite the quirky one. She likes to bite or chew on things and is the quality assurance tester for the pencil factory. She is not content unless she has something in her mouth, preferably made of wood.

The chapters rotate back and forth between characters with not much intertwining of the characters themselves. I think that the book has a good concept but it just really didn't go anywhere. Again, I'm really at a loss for words about this book.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...