Sunday, December 13, 2020

Review: Trouble '99

Trouble '99 Trouble '99 by Katya Mills
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Huh?

The year is 1999 and you have four 20-somethings who have decided to drop out of college. They get job applications but never fill them out opting instead for living in the tunnels under the college, that that they used to attend, and singing in subways for money for their essentials - drugs and alcohol. So not only is the storyline frustrating but the way the dialogue is written between the characters, you can't even tell who is speaking because it is all jumbled in one big paragraph with no quotation marks, which you know is a huge pet peeve of
mine!

Unfortunately, I just didn't enjoy this one at all, the story, characters, or writing.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...