Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Review: Bell Hammers

Bell Hammers Bell Hammers by Lancelot Schaubert
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Unfortunately, I had a really hard time with this book. I was intrigued by the subject and it seemed interesting (think Robin Hood and pranks), however, the book just never went anywhere for me. The first couple of pages were funny and it pulled me in, but then it just kind of dragged on as I was waiting for something more and found myself struggling to get through it. To me, it seemed like a bunch of stuff just thrown together to make a book, which in a sense I guess it was since the book was created with stories from the author’s family and growing up in that area, but that just made it all over the place for me. I did find the last 75 pages the most entertaining and where most of the excitement was. I didn’t hate the book (once I got to the end) but it was very difficult for me to get through. Not an easy read in my opinion.

The writing style was not an issue for me, I found it endearing, and I did not mind the “Good Lord” references throughout the book, I found that refreshing. Overall, I didn’t quite enjoy it as much as I thought I would and was a little disappointed. Not my typical read but I’m sure others will enjoy it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...