Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Review: You've Reached Sam

You've Reached Sam You've Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve been sitting on this book for quite some time, picked it up several times, started it over month ago, and finally was able to finish it. It’s not that it wasn’t good, it was just so-so.

When Sam passes away in a tragic accident his senior year in high school, his girlfriend Julie has a difficult time dealing with his death. During her grief she decides to call his number and is quite surprised when he actually answers. They have various phone calls as if he is still alive alienating Julie from her friends and family.

The concept of this books is unique and interesting, however, the whole books seems kind of glossed over never really getting too deep into what is going on. I understand this is a young adult book but it could have had a bit more substance to it. Overall, I did enjoy it.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway as an ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...