Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Review: The Guncle

The Guncle The Guncle by Steven Rowley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Book with all the Feels

I've heard so much about this book over the past several months that it was a no brainer to pick it for our end of year book club read. What I didn't know was how much it was going to bring out all the feels in me! Everyone kept saying how hilarious it was but I don't remember anyone mentioning just how deep it was as well.

When Patrick's sister in law, who also happens to be his college best friend, passes away and his brother goes into rehab, he has the pleasure of having his niece and nephew stay with him for the summer. As a gay single "retired" actor, Patrick fumbles his way through taking care of the 6 & 9 year olds that have invaded his world. We follow this journey in all its laughter and tears, and see how Patrick not only helps the kids through their grief but how they help him get over years of his own.

I really can't say enough good things about this book! It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me angry, it made me nervous! Like I said, all the feels! The characters were amazing and I want to be friends with every single one of them! I love the Guncle rules, in fact my bestie made a list of them for us to reference! Honestly, it read like a movie and I really hope that it is made into one! I'll be first in line to see it!! Bravo! If you haven't read this one yet, I highly suggest you do!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...