Saturday, January 1, 2022

Review: Blue

Blue Blue by Emmelie Prophète
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Novel in prose

I'm not really sure where to start.....

Have you ever been to a poetry reading or heard someone recite poetry on TV? And you know how they get super into it and very dramatic in their presentation? Well, that's what I imagined while reading this book. (snap, snap, snap).

This book is about a Haitian woman returning home from the U.S. after attending a funeral. I know she is drinking coffee and I know she has a lot on her mind because the entire book is her jumping from one thing to the next in quirky little prose like sentences.

I know that it has been translated and maybe the story got lost in the translation. It is very much about all the bad in the narrator's life and that of her family , from life, death, living situations, more death. It really just jumps all over the place from one thought to the next. I don't know if there was a storyline somewhere in there or just the ramblings of her mind in prose (snap, snap, snap).

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...