Friday, September 25, 2020

Review: Then She Was Gone

Then She Was Gone Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! Just wow! My worst fear come to life! Laurel's 15-year-old daughter goes missing and for years nobody knows what has happened to her, and the police chalk it up as "she has run away." Due to this traumatic loss, Laurel's family falls apart, and they each move on in their own directions. Eventually, Laurel meets a new love interest of her own and begins to start her life over as well. This new man has a young daughter that looks an awful lot like her missing daughter and things just aren't adding up with what she is being told about his ex....or him. As the pieces all begin to fall into place you will be filled with all kinds of mixed emotions and will not be able to turn the pages fast enough to find out what happened to Laurel's daughter, Ellie!

This is definitely a page-turning thriller of a book that will keep you on your toes. I did enjoy this creepy book although some of it was a wee bit predictable. I do have some other of Lisa Jewell books on my TBR list, I may just have to add some more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...