Thursday, July 30, 2020

Review: Empire of Wild

Empire of Wild Empire of Wild by Cherie Dimaline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book really piqued my interest as it was about the ever talked about Rogarou and the MΓ©tis tribe. Also, this book has been published previously in Canada winning a few awards, and was just released in the U.S.
.
I really felt for the main character, Joan, in her search for her missing husband. She is the only one that believes he is missing, everyone else thinks that he took off and she is determined to prove them wrong. Throw in a traveling church, native lands, the Rogarou, and you’ve got quite a book. Right? Well, I liked the many twists and turns in the story but I couldn’t help but think that I was missing something. The descriptions of the scenery makes you feel like you are there but the dialogue or interaction between characters is awkward and strange. I can say I absolutely hated the ending. It had me scratching my head and rereading because I thought I had missed something.
.
I didn’t hate this book but I didn’t love it either. It was a quick read but just didn’t quite get there for me. My family thought it was really cool that I read a book involving the Rogarou though!
.
I won this Advance Reader Copy in a Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you Goodreads and William Morrow Books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...