Monday, August 9, 2021

Review: Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women Who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them

Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women Who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women Who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them by Siรขn Evans
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had been really excited to be asked to read Maiden Voyages by Sian Evans because it was presented as a book about women in history and what they did to pave the way for today’s women via cruise ships, both as workers and passengers.

I jumped in with both feet and was quickly lulled to sleep (where’s the lifeboat?) It is very little about these women and very much about the ships. The author definitely knows what she is talking about and absolutely did her research, so much so that I feel like I know every tiny little detail about the ships mentioned in the book, however, not so much about the womens’ roll in it all. So basically, this is a book about just the ships, which some people may thoroughly enjoy. Unfortunately, I did not.

I received this book directly from the publisher through NetGalley as an ARC.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...