Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Review: Thread

Thread by [J Franklin Payne] Thread by J. Franklin Payne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is certainly a very entertaining, keep you on the edge of your seat, what’s gonna happen next kind of story. And to find out that it is based on the happenings of the author’s younger years just makes it all that much crazier! Witchcraft, embezzlement, takeovers, affairs, divorce, and a wee bit of “The Family” really has you wanting more. The delivery, however, is just a little too all over the place for me. The story does not flow, it’s not fluent, and sometimes pretty difficult to follow or left me confused. Sometimes the subject would change mid-paragraph making me scratch my head thinking I may have missed something.

Overall, the story is fantastic, I just wish that it flowed better or was told from beginning to end rather than in flashbacks. 

Side note: I had received this book in very raw form, as in a PDF file that was marked up prior to being published or having a publisher. With that said, maybe it was just the version that I received that made it hard to follow, maybe it was majorly edited and the final version is much better. I am very tempted to buy the finished copy just to see.  

Worth the read if you get the chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...