Friday, December 25, 2020

Review: As You Were: A Noir Thriller

As You Were: A Noir Thriller As You Were: A Noir Thriller by D.M. Cox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kill them. Kill all of them.

When I asked my husband if he thought the government had the capability to place computer chips in peoples' brains to erase memories and provide them with "missions" he asked me why I was asking. I told him that it was part of the book I was reading, that the main character was an ex marine and would get called to do these super secret assassin missions. My husband said immediately, "You don't read books like that!" I replied with, the book drew me in because the guy, David, falls in love and doesn't want to live this life this anymore, and wants this contract to be his last one so that he can be normal and live a normal life. Although I am not usually a fan of any sort of government, ex government, military type of books, this is told in such a way that it is entertaining and makes you want to see what happens next. It is not a light fluffy read by any means and is pretty dark and gruesome, honestly, but definitely is an interesting read for sure.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Moth Keeper

The Moth Keeper by Kay O'Neill My rating: 4 of 5 stars The Moth Keeper is such a great story. It is ...